Janus Robotics is well positioned to support governments and companies to truncate the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Problem: People Cannot Be Trusted to Self-Diagnose
- While the population is accepting of movement restrictions for now, eventually individuals will decide that their need for movement is more important than the impact on public health
- Economic shut down cannot be indefinite – by summer 2020, will people:
- Still be avoiding mass transit?
- Maintaining separation in grocery stores?
- Cancelling vacation travel?
- When companies, universities and schools reopen, will parents notice symptoms of illness?
- People will not take their temperature everyday
Solution: AI-powered Low-Cost, Non-Invasive Screenings
Janus Robotics is developing a low-cost, AI-powered device that incorporates thermal signatures and gesture recognition to detect signatures of flu-like symptoms.
Phase 1: Thermal Mapping – Using off-the-shelf thermal detection, specifically targeted human temperature bands, a differential algorithm will detect aberrant heat signatures and move to secondary validation. The temperature sensitivity would be set at a threshold to avoid false positives.
Phase 2: Using deep neural networks (DNN), the subject with an elevated temperature would be evaluated for gestures that are symptomatic of flu like behavior. Gestures may include:
- shortness of breath / gasping for air ,
- breathing difficulties / bending over to breathe,
- repeatedly covering mouth
If the thermal and gesture recognition device determined a high probability of flu-like symptomatology, appropriate interventions could be enabled, thus limiting the vector and curtailing the probability of greater public exposure.
Are you interested to learn more or partner with us?